...so i not only fought a nun....

on Sunday, November 9, 2008




Did the title catch you attention....oh just you wait for it.... OK, so true story. This past week was a fabulous week! I transferred to my new branch. It has been a wonderful experience! I really like the change of scenery and the new challenges that lie ahead...blah blah blah.... OK lets get to the niddy griddy...


FIRST off, i would like to mention what a small world it is. I have come to realize that when i make people angry at work (customers that is...) they typically vow never to return to my branch. Well, i never really thought much about it but these people have to go somewhere...logically it makes sense for them to go to the closest branch that isn't mine...i.e. the branch i transferred to. Well if you have read my few postings you might have heard some stories of some crazy run-ins that i have had. THEY GO TO MY NEW BRANCH! I'm not even going to lie the guy that i fought with and almost called the cops on because he was yelling and cussing at me; day one i meet up with him again. AWKWARD! I could tell in his eye that we knew who i was, but he wasn't sure if i knew who HE was... like i could forget. He tried to maintain his composure, but i could tell he wanted to get out as quickly as possible before the "gloves came off". I was glad to oblige. He left in record time.
Well, later that very day i see something unique. An elderly nun in a wheelchair. She was sitting with a banker and i could tell my the expressions on the bankers face, it was not going good. I walked by a short while later and overheard a bit of the conversation. The banker kept saying "just calm down ma'am". That's never a good sign. I stood off in the distance and got her attention to make sure she was OK. She shook her head, so i left. A few minutes later she comes to my desk, looking very frustrated.
"I'm done with that nun", she sighed.
"Whats going on over there?" I replied super-curious
"Oh I'm just fighting a nun who wants to open up accounts with no I.D.s and she ain't listening to me. She thinks that she is above the law."
"So, now what?" I ask
"I need a manager to tell her no, she wont leave"
"Am i gonna have to fight me a non today" I ask with a grin.
"...looks like"
So, i go over there as professional as possible and introduce myself as the manager and asked how i could be of assistance. He glares at me and tells me to go to...well somewhere further "south". I did the best i could to explain the laws and regulations about opening accounts and even if you think you are from a different era or above the rules, you are mistaken and i wasn't going to back down. I politely informed her she could go to the MVD and get a government issued I.D. and we would be happy to help her from then on. She was so angry she just wasn't listening to anything i said. She had such rage in her eye. I told her, that was the only way and if she didn't like it, she could leave. She goes off on how she could bring in people who know her and can vouch for her. i told her that wasn't legal identification. She started yelling and screaming about how she didn't want to go to the MVD because her wheelchair only goes 5 miles and hour and it was too far. I told her that wasn't my issue. I tried to empathize and said "I can tell you have had a hard day" She yelled "I have had a hard 6 years!" I tried not to laugh, but i was done with her at this point. She said "do you want to trade me places for a day?" I said "No, it doesn't look like you have a very fun life. You need to turn your chair around and get out." she claimed she wasn't trying to make waves, just open an account. I told her she was making a bunch of unnecessary waves and taking out her terrible life on people that have done nothing to her. She again reminded me of my future complete with fire and brimstone. "We are done here!" i yelled "you have 3 minutes to roll out of here, or you will be rolled out." I walked away slightly agitated, but inside laughing because, lets be honest how often do you fight a crotchety old nun in a wheelchair?

2 comments:

Sarah M Eden said...

So I'm trying to figure out a way to work all your stories into a book... 'cause, come on, that's some good material

Jewel said...

Hahaha...should I be proud of the fact that my husband is a self-declared fighter-of-nuns?